- Agriculture Research Institute(ARI) was initially established at Gyogon, Insein township, Yangon in 1954.
- ARI was the shifted to Yezin, Pyinmana township, Mandalay Division in 1971.
- DAR became as a sparate Department on 27 January 2004.
- With the impact of advanced agricultural research, it’s aimed at improving Agricultural Sector through increase in Farmers’ income and upgrade of national economy.
- Department of Agricultural Research is to systematically conduct research activities that would suit to the needs of all stakeholders which include producers, distributors and consumers in developing and dissemination of regionally adapted crop varieties and crop production technologies.
- To develop high yielding improved varieties and hybrids with good quality and good regional adaption.
- To generate profitable cropping system and production technology.
- To develop crop varieties and production technologies resilience to climate change and global warming.
- To develop Agricultural technologies and biotechnologies.
- To disseminate research finding through Farmer Channel.
Other Cereal Crops Sections
Oilseed Crops Section
Food Legumes Section
Industrial Crops Section
Water Utilization Section
Agricultural Engineering Section
Agricultural Economics Section
Seed Bank Section
Plant Pathology Section
Satellite Farms Under DAR & Their Mandate Crops
|8||Aungban||Maize, Wheat, Soybean, Rice|
|13||Naungmon||Maize, Wheat, Buckwheat|
|15||Sebin||Rice, Sunflower, Maize, Pigeonpea|
|16||Dawae (7) Miles||Horticulture|